On this joyous occasion of the coming of Eid, lets not forget that as we celebrate, we worship. Eid is a day of prayer, remembrance, and establishing the ties of kinship/friendship. Its also a day of reflection. So here are a few tips to make your Eid a spiritually enriching experience:
1. Make it a point to get to the prayer on time
2. Make it a point to listen to the khutbah
3. Remember Allah on the way to the Eid prayer with the takbeerat of Eid. Try to encourage your family to do the same. It is simply awesome to have a car rumbling with takbeerat on the way to Eid and the kids will love having a halal excuse to scream.
4. Go home using a different route as per the sunnah. This is a reflection of you coming in to Ramadan and leaving as a new person.
5. Take some sweets to your neighbors and explain to them why you’re celebrating. This is a crucial dawah opportunity as well as a means of fulfilling their essential rights upon us as neighbors which is a form of worship.
6. Don’t spoil your Ramadan by celebrating Eid in impermissible ways. Consider deeply the things that you wear, the parties you go to, etc. It would be a travesty to incur the anger of Allah upon us right after the month of forgiveness.
7. Give a gift to someone you love for Allah. We already know the importance of giving gifts to family but Eid also provides an opportunity to build a stronger bond with someone who makes you a better Muslim.
8. Sit with your family and remind one another of the plight of your brothers and sisters worldwide. That’s not to bring the mood down, but rather to be grateful for your Eid in comfort and to serve as a reminder that prayer for our brothers and sisters shouldnt stop. May Allah allow them to see better days in this world and in the hereafter
With that being said, taqabalAllahu minna wa minkum (may Allah accept from us all)!!!